Any Wilmington resident who presents proof of residency (license, utility or tax bill) and a picture ID may apply for a library card; there is no minimum age. Children under age 14 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with acceptable identification to sign their application. Children age 14 and over must have acceptable identification (school ID, license) or be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian with acceptable identification.
Residents of towns whose libraries belong to the Merrimack Valley Library Consortium
Get a card at your hometown library and you can use it at our library.
Residents of other Massachusetts towns
Get a card at your hometown library. Bring your card and proof of your residence in that town to our Circulation Desk and we will register it in our system.
Out-of-state residents who work in Wilmington
You may obtain a “local use only” card with no annual fee that can be used only at the Wilmington Memorial Library. You will not be able to reserve items on the MVLC catalog from other libraries.
Teacher library cards provide extended loan periods for materials borrowed from the Wilmington Memorial Library. Teacher cards are offered to teachers, day care providers, and homeschoolers working with Wilmington residents in a planned education environment.
Institutional Library Card
Organizations, schools and businesses located in Wilmington may apply for an institutional library card that can be used only for materials borrowed from the Wilmington Memorial Library.
Your first library card is free. The cost for a replacement card is $1.00.
Your library card enables you to
- Check out and place holds on materials from WML and other libraries in MVLC.
- Download ebooks and audiobooks.
- Have computer access at WML and most other MVLC libraries.
- Download music from Freegal and Hoopla
- Stream movies from Hoopla and Overdrive.
- Take free online courses from Lynda.com
- Access numerous library databases ….and much more!
Protect your card
- Protect your library card as you would a credit card. You are responsible for all materials checked out on your card. If you card is stolen, report it immediately.
- Keep your information current. Let us know when your address, phone number or email address changes so you will receive notifications on time.
- Passwords will default to the last four digits of your phone number unless you specify a different password.
- Passwords can contain letters and numbers and can be changed by going to My Account.
Access My Account Online
- Sign up to receive email reminders when books are due and overdue.
- Sign up to receive email notification and or text message when your holds are ready for pick up.
- Renew your library materials. As long as no one is waiting, most materials can be renewed online.
|Material Type||Loan Period||Limit per Card||Renewals||Late Fee/Day||Max Fine|
|Hot Books||7 Days||1||0||$0.25||$3|
|Hot CDs||7 Days||1||0||$1||$3|
|Alternative Collections||7 Days||1||0||$1||$3|
|Hot DVDs||2 Days||1||0||$1||$3|
|Video Games||7 Days||3||2||$0.25||$3|
|Museum Passes||1 Day||1||0||$10||$30|
*The above is adapted from the library’s Circulation policy. For more information, please see library’s Circulation Policy in its entirety as approved by the Board of Library Trustees
Any Wilmington resident who is permanently or temporarily unable to leave his/her home due to disability or illness is eligible for homebound delivery of library materials. This service is provided by the Friends of the Library. To sign up, please complete the Homebound Delivery Application.