This website (http://www.wilmlibrary.org) uses a spam protection service provided by Akismet. By posting comments, submitting contact forms, or submitting any other information via this website (this website only, not the library catalog), you accept that your message and other personal details about you will be analyzed and stored for anti-spam and quality monitoring purposes. Below you will find key features of the Akismet plugin as described on their plugin page.
…Akismet Web service [checks] to see [comments] look like spam or not and lets you review the spam it catches under your blog’s “Comments” admin screen.
Major features in Akismet include:
- Automatically checks all comments and filters out the ones that look like spam.
- Each comment has a status history, so you can easily see which comments were caught or cleared by Akismet and which were spammed or unspammed by a moderator.
- URLs are shown in the comment body to reveal hidden or misleading links.
- Moderators can see the number of approved comments for each user.
- A discard feature that outright blocks the worst spam, saving you disk space and speeding up your site.