Tablet In-House Borrowing Policy
The Wilmington Memorial Library has tablets available for use in the library. Adults may borrow a tablet on the first floor of the library; children and teens may borrow a tablet in the Children’s Room or Teen Zone on the second floor. This policy outlines the guidelines for borrowing tablets.
Borrowing an Tablet
- Patrons must be 14 years of age or older to borrow a tablet and must sign the Tablet In House Borrowing Agreement before checking out a tablet.
- Patrons 13 years of age and under must have a parent or guardian sign the Tablet In-House Borrowing Agreement before checking out a tablet.
- Patrons must present a valid library card at checkout which will be held at the circulation desk until the tablet is returned.
- Patrons may check out a tablet for one hour which may be extended for one hour if no one is waiting. The tablet must be returned to the circulation desk after two hours.
- Tablet in-house use is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Tablets cannot be reserved.
- Patrons may borrow only one tablet at a time.
- Patrons must return the tablet 15 minutes before closing.
- A tablet borrowed on the first floor is restricted to use on the first floor; a tablet borrowed on the second floor is restricted to use in the Children’s Room and/or the Teen Zone.
- The borrowed tablet should not be left unattended. The patron is responsible for loss or damage of the tablet while checked out on their card.
- The patron may not load additional software, apps, or other content, free or purchased, onto the tablet.
- The library does not clear stored data from the tablet after it is returned and is not responsible for personal information left on the device.
- The patron may not tamper with the tablet or attach any device not designed for use with the tablet.
Approved by Board of Library Trustees February 21, 2012