Patrons must sign and agree to the following conditions before checking out an e-reader.
My signature below indicates that I have read the following statement and that I agree to abide by these conditions of use when checking out an E-Reader from the Wilmington Memorial Library:
- I agree to accept full responsibility for the E-Reader while it is checked out to me.
- I will delete all personal information (passwords, email addresses, internet history, credit card information, etc.) from the E-Reader before returning it. Please note: the library does not clear stored data from the E-Reader after it is returned. The library is not responsible for personal information left on the E-Reader.
- I will not tamper with the E-Reader or attach any device not designed for use with the E-Reader.
- I will not load additional software, apps, or other content, free or purchased, onto the E-Reader.
- I will pay a late return fee of $5.00 per day if I fail to return this E-Reader to the Library’s Information Desk by the time it is due.
- I accept full financial liability for the E-Reader and accessories while in my possession.
- I agree to pay all costs associated with damage to, loss of, or theft of the E-Reader and accessories ($100-500 plus accrued late return fees for the E-Reader) while it is checked out to me.
- I agree that the Library may use any appropriate means to collect the amount owed for fees, damage, loss, or theft.
- I acknowledge that failure to pay any amount owing will be considered an outstanding debt to the Wilmington Memorial Library and will be added to my library account.
I agree that failure to comply with any of these rules and guidelines will result in the loss of borrowing privileges.