The Wilmington Memorial Library allows professional artists to exhibit their work in the library’s large meeting room. The guidelines for exhibiting art work are as follows:
- The space in the meeting room allows for approximately 10 to 15 paintings.
- Artists interested in exhibiting their art work may contact the Library Director or the Chairman of the Wilmington Arts Council who will determine what artwork will be on exhibit.
- Paintings, prints, drawings or photographs must be suitably framed and wired and be able to be hung on the library’s preinstalled art hanging track system.
- Artist’s name and contact information should be affixed to the back of the painting.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library will not engage in selling or negotiating for the sale of art work. Artists may provide business cards with contact information.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library is not responsible for loss of or damage to any of the artist’s work.
- The length of time art work will be on exhibit will be determined by the Library Director based on the needs of the library.
- Access to view artwork on display in the meeting room will be allowed only at scheduled viewing times.
Approved by the Board of Library Trustees December 16, 2014
Art Exhibit Application Form
You will be contacted by the library regarding approval of the application.