The Wilmington Memorial Library allows professional artists to exhibit their work in the library’s large meeting room. The guidelines for exhibiting art work are as follows:
- The space in the meeting room allows for approximately 10 to 15 paintings.
- Artists interested in exhibiting their art work may contact the Library Director or the Chairman of the Wilmington Arts Council who will determine what artwork will be on exhibit.
- Paintings, prints, drawings or photographs must be suitably framed and wired and be able to be hung on the library’s preinstalled art hanging track system.
- Artist’s name and contact information should be affixed to the back of the painting.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library will not engage in selling or negotiating for the sale of art work. Artists may provide business cards with contact information.
- The Wilmington Memorial Library is not responsible for loss of or damage to any of the artist’s work.
- The length of time art work will be on exhibit will be determined by the Library Director based on the needs of the library.
- Access to view artwork on display in the meeting room will be allowed only at scheduled viewing times.
Approved by the Board of Library Trustees December 16, 2014